Help paying your bill

If you are struggling to pay your water bill, please get in touch with us as soon as possible to discuss alternative payment options such as a payment plan.  We understand that there might be circumstances beyond your control which has made it difficult for you to meet all your financial commitments for a particular period.

You may also contact other third party debt management advisers if you wish to seek independent advice. These centres include:

  • The MoneyPlus Group
  • The StepChange Debt Helpline
  • The Debt Advice Foundation
  • National Debtline
  • Citizens Advice Bureau
  • The Money Advice Service

It’s really important to pay overdue bills straight away.  If you don’t or are unable to keep to a payment plan that you have agreed with us, we will start procedures to collect the full debt owed to us.

It may be possible for us to transfer you to the WaterSure scheme.  Find out if you are eligible for WaterSure.

Whoever is occupying the property is normally responsible for paying the bill. If more than one person shares the property, everyone is responsible, even if the bill is only in one name.

If you’re a tenant, you are responsible for paying the bill, unless your landlord has made another agreement with us. If there is no such agreement or we have not received written confirmation from the landlord that they are responsible for the bill, you will be responsible for paying the bill. In some cases, we will hold you and the landlord jointly responsible. This happens if the landlord has failed to provide us with certain information that they are required to provide to us.

If you rent a property from the local authority, they may collect the bills on our behalf. This means your rent will include your water charges. If you don’t pay the water charge part of the rent for any reason, the landlord may take legal action against you. You will remain responsible for any bill that is not included in your rent.

Charges are applicable when a supply of water is made available for your property, regardless of whether or not you use the supply.

If you have any questions regarding our process for managing debt, please view our Icosa Water Code of Practice Debt

Customer Services

Need to contact us?

0330 111 0780
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm

Report a problem

24 Hour Emergencies

You can report a leak or
flood by calling
0330 111 2014.