Icosa Water Washing Vegetables

Help paying a bill

We understand that sometimes it is difficult to manage your financial outgoings, so if you’re having problems paying your bills please contact us on 0333 000 0133 as soon as possible to discuss alternative payment options. We are here to help.

If you have a query about your bill

If you think your bill is wrong, or you are not liable to pay it, please tell us straight away. Our telephone number is 0333 000 0133 or email us at billing@icosawater.co.uk.  We will try to resolve the matter and temporarily stop any recovery action where an account query cannot be resolved immediately.

You can also submit your queries using our online enquiry form.

What if I don’t pay?

Water services have to be paid for. We will send reminders where debts are outstanding or where payments are missed, and we also reserve the right to use debt collection agencies or legal action where appropriate to recover outstanding debts in accordance with our Code of Practice on Debt Management (available in our Useful Information section). All costs incurred in pursuing unpaid bills will be charged to the customer.

If you do not pay your bill or keep to a payment arrangement, we have agreed with you, we will take the following actions:

We will send you a Final Notice giving you a minimum of 10 days to pay the outstanding amount. Alternatively, if you do not make payments in accordance with an agreed instalment arrangement, a withdrawal of instalments warning letter will be sent to you requesting that any unpaid instalments are paid within seven days. If we do not receive the outstanding payments, we will cancel the instalment plan and the total outstanding balance will then be due in full

If you then do not pay or contact us to agree a payment arrangement, we will send you a notification of intention to file a default, which is a record of non-payment, on your consumer credit file. The notice will explain that if you fail to pay the amount owing to us within 28 days of receipt, we will be entitled to register a default against your consumer credit file with credit reference agencies. This will make it more difficult for you to obtain credit in the future and the default of the payment could stay on your credit file for 6 years.

If you still do not pay or contact us, we may ask an independent debt collection agency to recover the amount owing. This may result in additional charges being added to your account. You will be advised if we choose to take this action. Alternatively, we will send you a Letter before legal action which explains the action we will take if payment or contact is not received within 14 days. If you fail to pay or contact us we will issue a county court claim to recover our charges. You will have to pay the fee for the issue of the claim and our solicitor’s costs.